17 July 2012

Do you still believe in true love?



Tom:  You know what sucks?  Realizing that everything you believe in is complete and utter bullshit.  Sucks!
Summer:  What do you mean?
Tom:  You know destiny and soul mates.  True love and all that childhood fairytale nonsense.  You were right.  I should have listened to you.
Summer:  No!
Tom:  Yeah!  Why are you smiling?
Summer:  Tom!
Tom:  What why are you looking at me like that for?
Summer:  Well you know I guess it’s because I was sitting in a deli and reading “Dorian Gray” and a guy comes up to me and asks me about it and now he’s my husband.
Tom:  Yeah so!?
Summer:  So what if I had gone to the movies?  What if I had gone somewhere else for lunch?  What if I gotten there ten minutes later?  It was meant to be and I just kept thinking “Tom was right!”
Tom:  No.
Summer:  Yeah I did.  I did.  It just wasn’t me  you were right about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment