15 March 2012

Job Seeker

"What is your currently doing, Den?"


Hmmm.. I feel a bit ashamed when someone ask me that question. Believe me, being unemployment is hard. Why? You don't have constant activity like someone else, work 9 to 5, at school 7-3 or doing the rumah tangga things just like my mom.


So what did I do after finished my college and graduated last month? Being a job seeker. I had applied for hundred application, from job fair to job fair, from jobstreet, jobsdb, jobsid.info etc.


I have attended some placement test :
1. SC Johnson Indonesia : FMCG firm who produces Baygon, Glade, Bayfresh, Bayclin, etc. I applied for marketing admin position. Actually, they offered this position for me. I was sent my CV to my high school friend whom work there as intern and surprisingly, the HR staff sent interview request to my email. I wasn't prepared well for the interview, because the interview day is only one day before my thesis defense. Unfortunately, I lost those opportunity to join in such multinational company huhu. I have been dreaming to work in FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) Company since my college, I hope there will be a lot opportunities for me in the future.


2. Astra Internasional : Hahaha I failed for the very first step, the psikotest. It took 5 hours for the test, and I had my first day period on that day. I can't concentrate well. But the good news was, my bestfriend Rima Gayatri have passed the test and went to the HR interview. Congrats to her.


3. AC Nielsen Company  : AC Nielsen is a global marketing research firm, with worldwide headquarters in New York City. I applied for the management trainee position. When i asked about the announcement result test, they replied this one
Hi Xeldenna,
How are you? sorry for the late reply because your email got to  my spam inbox. As we can see from your placement test result, that you passed our FIT and Arithmetic. Therefore, we still passing your CV to our user. Although if 2 months ahead you don’t hear for us, it means that right now your profiles don’t suit to our company standard. Feel free to contact me if there is any further question regarding to this matters. Thank you. 
So, based on the email, I should wait for 2 months later for the interview invitation. Fiuuhh.

4. Bank BRI : I worked hard for this chance. I have passed TOEFL test-psikotest-HR interview and the next step was final interview with Board of Direction and medical check up. I have big hope on this interview. I really wished I could work in BRI, the bank which have the higher profit in banking industry. I also asked my senior whom work there about the final interview. Alhamdulillah the interview went well and they would call me for the result in two weeks. Wish me the very best.

5. Bank Mandiri : Yesterday I have my final interview, and the next step is medical check up. I don't have any expectation on this result. My senior said that Mandiri have been develop their growing business unit in East Indonesia (Wilayah Indonesia Timur), one of his bestfriend been placed in Kupang, the provincial capital of East Nusa Tenggara province in southeast Indonesia. I don't wanna work or live there too, become the next 'orang pelosok' huhuhu. I just hope for the best from Allah.

6. Bank BNI : Last week I've passed the administration process and TOEFL test. Wish me luck for the assesment test on Sunday, 18 March. 

Those above are my working test process, beside another company like Sugar Group, Ultra Jaya Industry, Bank Danamon, Wiroto Japan IT company, CIMB Niaga, NQA Consultant, PT. Esco Bintan Indonesia  which offered test invitation and I missed to attend :D ask me for the reason, I won't tell you here because that's too private. 

For all the job seekers, keep patience and have faith that Allah will give you best. He is setting his best plan for us. Keep have the good prejudice to Him. He listened, you just have to wait and work hard. Good luck! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment